Friday 9 January 2009

Basic Blending with Photoshop.

Ok, so I'm starting with a very basic need for Photoshop; Blending. This is really a very simplistic tutorial of how to just get the technique of blending multiple pictures together. Now, for this tutorial I've only used 2 pictures with similar backgrounds just as its the first tutorial, so I will add more complex tutorials as the weeks go on. I hope this is helpful! (It's my first tutorial as well so go easy on me yah?) =]
(Also, all pictures are shrunk to fit here...they look nicer bigger. :P)

TUTORIAL

1) Open up your two pictures you are wanting to work with. I'm using two of Kristen Stewart from sweetandtalented.com , you may use whatever pics you want however. Resize to whatever works for you, mine are on a 640x480 canvas. Drag both your pics on to this new canvas and overlap your pictures. (I am using one picture slightly smaller than the other but you may use them the same size if you want.)

2) Choose your select tool and set the feather in the top bar to 20. Select down the overlaping line and delete. This should now blend your pictures fairly well. However, there are always some bits to neaten up around the edges. For this I use the eraser tool at 0-4% hardness as it's more precise. I've highlighted the areas where I focused on with the eraser tool.
3) Now your picture should be blended nicely, so just flatten your image so it's all one layer. Do this by pressing Ctrl+Shft+E . Thats it! Your first blend! Now I just finished off mine by adding some colourisation to it. Sooo all I'm going to do is create a new layer, and fill it with #1a1b49, set this layer to exclusion at 100%. Add another layer on top, fill with #eddc9f, and set to saturation at 62%.

4) I'm just going to add some text and a border, then thats me finished!























No comments:

Post a Comment